Menu Layout and Navigation
The main menu is the place to start when performing a task. Below is a procedure on the basic navigation in swim.
- Initial Login Details
- When you first access Swim, you will be prompted to enter an email address and password. This is the email address and password you used to sign up to onswim.com. Once you have logged in, you will not need to enter these details until the web browser is closed or the computer has been shutdown.
- The main menu consists of the main areas that can be accessed in Swim.
- The middle of the screen consists of menu links to the most used features in swim.
- At the top of the screen on the left you will see the "Swim" symbol. You can click on this symbol at any time and it will take you to the main menu.
- At the top right of the screen you will see menu links which will navigate you to the desired area of Swim. These will be covered later.
- When the user access is turned on, each individual user has their own password. When they click an option on the main menu, they will be prompted to type in their user password. Simply type in the user password to access the rest of Swim.
- Important Note: The default administration user password is 'admin' in all lower case. All passwords are also case sensitive. You can select the default admin user in 'manage users' under the administration group and either change the password or make it inactive. If you are not being prompted for a user password it means they are not turned on yet. To turn on go to utilities, users, global access user and set to 'no'.
- To go back to the main menu at any time, just click the swim logo up the top left hand corner of the screen.
- When navigating from the Main Menu into one of the Sub Menus (Stock Menu, Sales Menu, Supplier Menu etc.), you will be taken to that areas menu screen. You can then click on one of the features under that menu. You can also select a sub-menu by hovering your mouse over the menu item shortcuts on the top right of the screen.
- Navigating is straight forward and if you ever make a wrong turn you can simply click the appropriate menu option in the top left of the page. When navigating deeper into swim, always look for the 'Go back to...' along the bottom of the page so you can get back to your last page rather then going through the menu again.
- When using Swim in your browser it is important to use the Swim links and not the browsers back and forward links.
- The utilities area contains all the settings and options to help you get swim up and running the way you want it to.
- Check out the knowledgebase article 4. Overview of setting up the System for further details.
- The Global Search is the search bar along the top of the menu bar, next to the swim logo.
- It allows you to search for stock items, customers, sales, suppliers and invoices. Just type in what you are looking for eg. stock number, job number for a sale, customer's last name.
- Restrictions: You can only search one field at a time. This means you can only search for 'customer last name' and not search for 'customer last name and customer first name' at the same time. For example, if you were looking for Sue Jones, you can only type 'Jones'.
- When the result appears, it will give you options such as 'find', 'edit', 'sell', 'create new' etc. Just select the option that you want.
- When in a page, at the bottom of the screen you can often find a further actions bar. This bar lists further actions that you can do on that page. Its main use is to go 'back' to the screen you just came from, however it also has uses such as moving to the next step in a sequence and displaying related options that link to the page that is being viewed.
- Always check this bar when you want to perform further options or you just want to 'go back'.