Setting Up Swim & Magento Ecommerce Integration
This guide outlines all the steps required to install and configure the Swim-Magento Sync plugin.
Preparing Swim for the Sync
- In Swim navigate to Utilities> Other >Applications and create a new application. (Note: the generated client ID and secret will be used to integrate Magento with Swim)
- Once the application is created click the webhooks icon next to the application
- From the webhooks window enter your Magento webhook URL (e.g. http://yourmagentosite.com/pos/webhooks)
- Ensure that you subscribe to all of the events, Stock Change, Tax Change and Category Change.
Preparing Magento for the Sync
- Download and install the plugin from https://github.com/octahedron/octasync-magento
- In your Magento Admin site, navigate to System>Configuration>Point of Sale and enter the address of your Swim domain. (e.g. yourcompany.onswim.com)
- Copy and paste the client ID and secret you created in Step 1 of “Preparing Swim for the sync” into the respective fields of the point of sale page.
- Click Save.
Note: A success message will pop up if the connection was successful otherwise ensure all the fields have been entered correctly in both Swim and Magento.
Enabling the Sync
- Within your Magento admin site, navigate to Octahedron>Sync and click Perform Sync to populate your Magento site with the data pulled from Swim.
Note: The Swim-Magento sync is always live and ongoing, meaning you only need to sync once and the data will be pulled between Magento and Swim automatically.